I hope this letter finds you happy and healthy. I promised many of you an update by the end of January and here we are! As many of you know, I was dealing with some medical issues at the end of 2015, and I am happy to report that I am fully recovered and looking forward to a slew of exciting developments.
Modern Mystic Yoga Teacher Training in the Spring
- I am honored to be co-leading another 200 hour teacher training with Tamara Lee Standard starting on the weekend of the Spring equinox, 18-20 March 2016.
- Our trainings are Yoga Alliance certified and provide both a sound foundation in the anatomy, alignment, and therapeutic benefits of asana, as well as an experiential exploration of the yogic lifestyle and deeper spiritual development systems of Yoga.
- Tamara and I offer small classes and individualized attention so we can help you develop and deepen your own practice and prepare to teach your chosen population.
- If you are interested in this kind of work, please let me know soon and I’ll send you more information. Needless to say, space is limited.
Beginning in March I will have three new weekly classes, all at Modern Mystic Yoga Academy (around back of Straight to the Point on the NE corner of Grant and Campbell, 1927 E Grant Rd).
- Gentle Yoga for Every Body: Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:30 – 10:45. $5
- Yoga to Ease Anxiety: Wednesday evenings from 5:30 – 6:45. $7 (pricing is subject to change)
- Pranayama and Meditation: Wednesday evenings from 7:00 – 7:30. By donation.
- I am busy writing away on my next book, tentatively titled From the Vedas to Vinyasa: an Informal Introduction to the History and Philosophy of Yoga. The rough draft is almost done, and then the real work begins!
- Soul Expansion in Bisbee with Lance Israel continues to be a monthly treat for me.
- I also continue to work with Spiritual Gansta Yoga (SGY). We will be celebrating SGY’s two year anniversary this Saturday, 30 January, at 3:00 p.m. at the Hop Shop (3230 N. Dodge Blvd. Tucson) with a free yoga class led by Kelsey Erickson. Come help us celebrate!
- My free classes at Bookmans Sports, Mondays at 10:00 a.m. and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. are thriving. It might not be the best atmosphere for deep meditation, but it’s light hearted and fun with a comfortable sense of community.
- And finally, I look forward to guest teaching at the Mystic Warrior teacher training this summer in Sacramento and the Yoga Therapy College teacher training at Pima College here in Tucson in the fall.
Gosh, that seems like enough! If you have any questions, you can reach me at this email address (email@example.com) or, better yet, just show up to a class!
OM, shanti, shanti, shanti.
May we find peace in our hearts,
peace in our minds,
and peace surrounding us.